So I'm not sure if it's that the steroids are helping the fluid go down and that's making sound a bit clearer or if I just wasn't really giving it a shot before but I can hear TV (though not clearly understand the words without captioning) when I watch it on my computer when my hearing aid is turned off and I can even turn the volume to B3 which is not really much louder but feels a bit clearer, but I don't know, maybe it's all in my head, either way I'll take it. We'll see if I can sleep with them on A4 tonight, I've always had to turn them off because I sleep on my side and I switch sides and I don't last too long on my left side before there's feedback. I will also try spending tomorrow on B3 and see how it goes; I tried once before but there was too much feedback when I'd move my head at certain angles and when I ate.
Also I tried listening to music from an earbud headphone while in the library with my friend, which I hadn't had a chance to try since I don't own any earbuds, I could hear the music and the words though not really understand them, though I don't think I could not-understand them significantly less than when I listen to music with my hearing aids (I never know what lyrics are when I just listen, I always need to look them up). I really hope that one day soon I will be able to wear earbuds in both ears, especially since I'm getting really tired of reading magazines while exercising and I miss listening to music on my way to and from places. I just really want to be able to listen to music or tv and pop an earbud out if I need to pay attention to somebody or something, I love my big headphones but they are unwieldily and can be a bit of a hassle to take off and put back on in rapid succession (imagine somebody talking to you and they keep remembering new things to add every few seconds and having to maneuver large headphones each time... ok maybe it doesn't sound like a big deal but it's a hassle, a minor one, but a hassle) I'll give my big headphones a shot tomorrow, we'll see if the sound is too uneven and awkward with one low-volume esteem and one hearing aid. Anyway, it makes me very very nervous to admit that things are coming along, I mean who knows what could go wrong at any moment, but they are, so I'm just gonna go with it for now and accept that it's small and it's good.
Sorry if this post was less than coherent, I think the library is starting to get to my head and the 4 shots of espresso and 2 cups of coffee I had today don't really serve make my thoughts any clearer, not to mention if maybe the meds could be affecting me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope it continues to go along well for you. Please keep posting updates!
ReplyDelete