Saturday, March 12, 2011
False Alarm
Well, not a complete false alarm, the fluid is definitely going down and I am able to sleep longer and longer before there's feedback, but I still can't turn the volume up. I tried going to class with it on B3 and it was pouring rain and it was the strangest thing but when I was walking through the rain there was feedback to the rain (like a droplet pattern of feedback) and then when I would be under a shelter, the feedback would stop. There was also just general feedback a little too though when I would move my head and such so I turned it back to A4. I think when I am home not really doing anything or moving it's fine but when I'm out and about it's not quite able to handle it and there is still too much fluid. Today is my last day on the medicine, I just took my last dose, I really hope that has been helping because I don't like to take too much medicine and it kinda messes with you so I would want it to be for something. I still get glimpses of moments when I think it's all going to be worth it but I am so tired of waiting and I'm also tired of quickly running around to peoples' left sides so I can hear them. I'm a week away from only having one ear for 3 months (I would say I still effectively only have one ear) and it's exhausting and I'm so beyond ready for that to be over. It's frustrating to have a goal that you can't actually work towards, like I can't try really hard to make it so I can turn the volume up and I can't strive to make the fluid go down, I just have to wait. Anyway, I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Mara,
ReplyDeleteAs the song says, "the waiting is the hardest part." We imagine this is really a challenge, even though they said it takes months, it is hard to go through the process. We appreciate the Envoy people telling us repeatedly that it can be a slow process. They also said that when you get there it will be worth it. Healing takes time. Hang in there.
Thank you for the updates, it helps us to know how you are doing. We are with you along the way.
Love,
Mom and Dad
xo